My blog views

Monday, October 1, 2007

FIFA 08 - My first impression


Finally FIFA 08 has been released and I immediately grabbed a copy of it. I must admit that I have wasted my money. I was expecting a lot from EA but was totally disappointed. As soon as I installed the game, I ran it, and the first thing I did was optimizing the graphic details. Then i saw some videos regarding some new gameplay introductions which made me too anxious to play the game. Hence i immediately started a match. First thing I expected was some improvement in graphics. But unfortunately the game had the same old graphics like its prequels(I should have understood it when I saw the requirements, which had no change). Then I started playing the game. Since EA had promised for an improvement in gameplay, I was looking for it. But then, at the end of the match I couldn't comprehend whether I played 07 or 08! yeah.. There was no real change in gameplay either. Scoring goals is more difficult than getting into IIM's. Guys playing in PC without joystick will find it extremely difficult. The only thing they ve introduced is manual passing. I appreciate them for at least trying to make it a bit realistic. But God! It has really made passing so difficult. You need to hold the exact direction to pass it right. But it will take some time to perfect. At least the common faces could have been decreased. I wonder why players like Carrick and Nani have common faces. In the controls section they have tried all possible ways to make it look similar to Pro Evolution Soccer. For example they have changed the switch button to Q\L1(Joystick). And they have interchanged the chip shot button and the placed shot button. My final verdict is that, if you ve got too much money to waste, buy FIFA, otherwise don't.

0 comments: